Monday, February 18, 2008

I FELL.....again!

OK, so I get to church yesterday, running about 5 minutes late, so EVERYONE in the Praise Team and Praise Band and the tech people are there. As I approach the stairs to the stage, they turn of the auditorium lights, checking the red lights only. I do think to myself, maybe I should wait until the lights go back on, but, I can see the bottom 3/4 of the stairs......so off I go! Of course I get to the top, I have navigated the stairs wonderfully....BUT the dang speaker is there, to which I trip right over (I am laughing as I type this). Dana said I made a moaning sound as I am slowly falling to the floor. And when you fall on the stage, it is LOUD!!!! There was a second of silence, prior to me laughing my head off, and then other's (Especially DANA) laughed with me. I got helped up, and I even went to sleep last night laughing.... No, I wasn't hurt!

I am leaving tomorrow for the balmy state of Wisconsin to attend a 4 day Pallaitive Care conference. I will be back Friday. I will miss Wednesday's Praise Team rehearsal, and of course CB! But thank goodness, I think I kicked this awful cold (thanks Barbara for getting me medicine Saturday!!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Toy, you can tell a "falling" story with so much detail and emotion!

rachel said...

I wish I would of been there!!