Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


Here are 3 of my favorite birthday presents. My lantern, I saw back this summer at a Texas Cracker Barrel, but it didn't arrive at our Cracker Barrel until this week (I have been looking). Kathy found it for me. Miss Sharon made me my Halloween blanket, which makes it even more special. Dana bought my purse for me in July (and I got it in July too). I had been looking at them for several months. I LOVE it. Also, Craig Comstock wrote me this poem for my birthday!

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Here is your birthday poem.

The year was 1953
There were some parents excited as can be
They couldn't wait for the arrival of their new baby boy
Low and behold a boy was not to be
Out popped a girl they named Toy

The years have flown by as you can see
Through slips and falls and spills and chills
Toy managed to raise a great family with a guy named CB

Now today September 15, 2008
Toy is 55 and doing great
She is still married to that guy named CB
And she is an outstanding member of AARP

Happy Birthday. See you tonight

Dana, Craig and I all had hair appointments with Kendra yesterday, we were all 3 there at the same time. Now THAT was fun! So afterward the 4 of us went to dinner. One of my docs 'decorated' my office, I will blog that later!!! I did have a GREAT birthday, and I was overwhelmed at all the birthday wishes on Facebook. Thanks to everyone!

3 comments:

hillenblogshappywife said...

If i would check my facebook, I would have wished you a happy birthday too...so, late happy birthday Toy. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Toy, Happy Belated Birthday!!
I didn't know that we are so close in age, my birthday is in Dec, the same year as yours. When I was reading the poem about you and it said your age, that number jumped out at me and not in a good way. My heart stopped when I realized how old I will be this year, I'm not ready to cross over towards 60!! I don't feel old, just don't want to be considered it!! Anyway, here's to good health and a happy life!!

Vicky Holland

Kathy said...

Wow, that Craig should write a poem book--seriously!