Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WOMEN OF FAITH 2009

One of the things we LOVE to do is eat these handmade crepes at the hotel we stay. The buffet is $20 and it is worth every penny (our husbands don't understand). These crepes are to die for!!!

Well, you know we are Women of Faith pros(or we THINK we are). I have been every year but 1 since they started in 1996. They have changed the convention center name several times in St. Louis, so when another name showed up on the instructions, I thought nothing of it. We buy are metrolink tickets and off we go to Union Station to eat and sit in the massage chairs. We left about 5:30 to walk to the Convention Center. It was so horribly hot, and we wondered where all the women were. As we arrived, Lisa tried to open the door and there was some rather grungy men at the door, and they said it was locked. We were very indignant and said oh no it isn't. They said we were at the wrong place! WELL!!!!!!!!! Being the group leader, I yanked out my paper and said no we aren't.....well, yes we were. They changed locations, and I hadn't noticed!!! The WWE (wrestling) was to be there that night! Those men offered to take us to the correct place for $10 a piece!!! We said no thanks, and caught a cab (ask Dana about that) and got there in plenty of time. It was actually the best Women of Faith ever.

Now comes my second favorite HOLIDAY of the year...JULY 4TH! I Love America Friday, Cardinal game Saturday...and Sunday? We leave for vacation with my brothers and sister.
We return on the 9th....and guess what starts THAT night?? BIG BROTHER 11!! YIPPPEE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun we had and I agree it was the best conference yet! Can hardly wait till next year!
Lisa