Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Gall


So, the green thingy is a gall bladder, to which I no longer have. I am amazed at how many people do not have one any longer. This last Thursday, I was rolled out of my room at 9:00 am and was being rolled out of my room at 11:00 to go home! I was even in the Concession Stand a few hours Saturday. I did great, mainly because anesthesia does not make me sick. Anyway, I was totally released yesterday! I worked about 6 hours yesterday.
I had been aching (no pain) on my right side for months, but Mother's Day weekend it got somewhat worse. No vomiting, no fever, no real pain, just aching. But, I called one of my ER docs, and decided we could get the ball rolling quicker if I went in the ER, so I did. The ultrasound there was negative (no stones), so another test was ordered, which was positive, hence the surgery. The surgeon actually said I was very close to a big problem with it, so I am thankful I pushed it through. My MAIN goal was to be done and healed by this Sunday........leaving for Vegas with 12 other Burns family for vacation! YIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that it was so smooth and you are feeling so much better!

Love ya!
Sarah T.