Sunday, June 22, 2008

TORNADOS IN MISSOURI

Being from Texas, tornados are pretty common...but this has been the MISSOURI TORNADO YEAR 2008! We had one right by the church on Thursday around 3:30p.m. Clint was even calling around being sure his parents were safe. CB was at his clinic, and I was in Clinic Adminstration in meetings, so we were safe. The tornado was spotted right by the park by our house! We did not have any damage. As you can see our 10th Inning fields were damaged...BUT NOT THE CONCESSION STAND!

But lets talk about the concesssion stand. Since the season began Memorial weekend, we have opened the stand ONE Saturday, and at that, we closed early due to storms in the area. We did not open this Saturday, as there was too much tornado damage to the fields, as I said earlier.

Now, let me whine just a little. We have had almost 12 inches of rain this month, and the record is 13 inches. They forcast rain EVERY DAY this week, including Saturday. Must I remind you of what Saturday is?????? FIREFALL!!!!! My second favorite day of the year (first is Halloween, of course). FIREFALL was rained out LAST year....I am praying that mother nature will behave and let us enjoy a fun filled day with friends and fabulous fireworks!!!!!!

Thanks Mark for letting me use your tornado pics!

No comments: