Sunday, October 09, 2011

SO MANY THINGS TO SAY

This is a picture of me and my brother Larry, who passed away a few weeks ago. As you can see, we are making fun of Honey because she had a little zit on her chin, so we all taped a peanut on our face so she wouldn't feel bad (yeah right)!

Anyway, this has been a long, very HOT summer. My brother fell August 6th. He broke his back and had an 11.5 hour surgery. We had many ups and done, but we never heard his voice again. He could whisper, but that was it. He had COPD and really his lungs were pretty much gone, wasn't even a candidate for a transplant. He wanted Honey and I with him a lot, he was scared.  We had transferred him to a long care facility, but on Sunday night Sept, 18th Honey called me and advised me to get right down there, something was wrong.  That was really the last night I got to talk to him, before they re-intubated him. As I met him at the ED at Harris, he had a tear rolling down his face, something I won't forget.   Honey and I stayed with him that night, and went home Monday to sleep a few hours (so thankful I have a job that was supportive and understanding). But we knew Monday we were fighting a losing battle. Before Maggie, (Larry's daughter) got there Tuesday morning, the doctors told Honey and I that all we were doing was rearranging the furniture on the Titanic!  So, we waited for Maggie's mom to get there, and then I was the one to tell them to stop life support. We all sat with him for 2.5 more hours holding his hand, patting him (although he was oozing blood everywhere), talking to him, laughing, crying, and then watched him take his last breathe. I miss him terribly!

Well then, 2 days later I was taking Pancakes and Angel to Sammye's so I could go with Maggie and Katy to the funeral home, and I fell. Now, most of you know, I find falling hilarious, whether it is me or not. But when I hit the cement, I did feel something in my rib. To make a long story short, 10 days later I found out I broke that rib!!  GOOFY GIRL!!  Anyway, I am doing fine.

The kids and grandkids are fine. CB changed jobs, he is now working for Smiles Brand dentistry. And of course, little Angel is fine too.

Again I say, I will write more often!!! *hopefully*



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditzy blonde sister!!!
Love you,
Joe Lee

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear that my friend is experiencing some tough days, but I also know that none of this will steal your joy. When the storms are raging on the surface, your faith in God will give you a joyful calmness in the depths of your soul because you know that He is in control. Love you, Toy!

Carole Miller