Tuesday, July 01, 2008

FIREFALL 2008.....FINALLY

Springfield has had over 42 inches of rain thus far this year! And alot of it fell on.....FIREFALL day. I got up and continued my chicken 'cookin' because I just KNEW it was going to stop. Remember LAST year it rained on Firefall day, and we did not get to go. Anyway, after resolving that we were not having FireFall, and making alternative plans for the evening, I went for a nap. CB came in and woke me saying I got my wish, they had postponed FireFall to SUNDAY! Got to have lunch with Clint and Kristin, had a nice nap AND went to FireFall. Couldn't be a better day. We sat in the sun and never even sweat, it didn't get out of the 70s, and we all covered up in blankets during the fireworks display! I do not know how we find the smokers, but we always seem to get surrounded by them.
It was such a fun evening, and the fireworks were wonderful. Also, we got interviewed by the Springfield Newsleader. And who is quoted on the FRONT PAGE of the paper on Monday....ME! Also, later on in the article, Carole Miller is quoted about coming for someone's fabulous chicken!! That's mine (thanks Vicki Whitfield for the recipe several years ago). Anyway, click below

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toy,
Good job on the Interview - - you didn't stutter at all . . . . . heh heh
Joe Lee

Anonymous said...

I will deliver the couch to your porch as soon as I can...

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention CBs warning from the police :o) We had a great time. Thank you for letting us hitch a ride!
Randy and Carole

Kathy said...

SLOW IT DOWN!

Dannah said...

Wish I could have been there.