Monday, July 07, 2008

JULY 4TH FESTIVITIES.....BLOGGED!

SO much fun. One of the best Fourths in a long time. We started off with:

1. decorations at Kathy's and a delicious BBQ meal
2-6. And then the cards began. We played Hand and Foot, which we haven't played in so long. And then we played rummy. We stayed out until 1230!! Much to John Paul's disgust! He wanted to know just what we were doing that long. I told Dana to record that, she'll need it very soon...

I neglected to take pictures, but Clint, Kristin and the dogs came over July 4th AM for breakfast, and cards.

7-10. We went to the McMurry's (Kristin's parents) for burgers and swiming around 5p. Had great burgers and a great time. The Reinhards (minus Kevin, SOMEONE had him working!!!) were there with us. Great time!

11. Then off to High Street to watch the "I Love America" fireworks with the Arnolds. We could hear Music. Clint and I decided we will go to ILA instead of FireFall next year (What's wrong with both???) {I MIGHT get CB to respond to THAT one}

12-16. Sunday night we went to the Prosch's annual 4th party, along with about 50 others. It was a great time of food and fellowship. We saw folks we never see, or never run into at church. Always a great time! Thank you Roy and Joyce!

Well, there you have it! Oh!! I left out Saturday. CB and I had a great time running errands. I slept until 10, and I might have slept longer but I got a leg cramp that woke me. We met Craig and Dana at Marias for dinner, and then the plan was to go to the movie at 930. We decided to go to the $ Store and get some candy (and we went to the Pet Store next door too). Then we were off to the movie.....except. CB and I hopped in our car and!!! DEAD! So after a couple of hours messing with that (and missing the movie time) we all went back to our house and had chocolate cake and played cards! Still a great time (CB would disagreee, as car trouble REALLY bugs men, doesn't it???). And Sunday at church, after Sunday school, I was asked to work in the newborn nursery. DARN! Kidding, I LOVE rocking babies all morning.

So as I said before, a really FABULOUS weekend. Now, back to work, as it is year-end!

No comments: